What are Factory Refreshed devices?
These are a new breed of devices which come into the market due to the increasing complexity of manufacturing QC and logistics. The devices are like brand new machines with original warranty from the manufacturer. These devices are returned back to the factory for a 2nd factory check (refresh) by the manufacturer due to issues that just slip through the net of the QC and logistical processes. The products also include those that are returned back to the manufacturer’s within the 7 days return policy. Issues include:
- Software issues due to factory errors or consumer issues.
- Missing accessories or wrong packaging
- Damaged packaging boxes
- Mismatched printed configuration on the box and actual configuration
- Minor hardware failure such as RAM, hard disk or adaptor
- Display or Demonstration Unit
Do note that these are like BRAND NEW units, which are not to be confused with refurbished units. Refurbished units are typically USED units, with their outer casing change to a NEW one to give people a false impression that the unit looks new.
All factory refreshed devices undergo a 2nd stringent check by the manufacturer before releasing in to market, selling at a cheaper price.