Unfortunately, there were some users facing problem with their purchased copies of the game. In some cases, the game was crashing when the Splash Screen was loading (i.e. at the startup), while in others, they were able to play it for approximately 2 minutes and then it starts crashing. We will discuss those issues those cause Battlefield 2 crash on startup.
1. Reduce the Monitor Refresh Rate below 60 Hz
2. Update Graphics and Sound Drivers
3. Improve the Registry Conditions
4. Fix Bad Sectors on your Hard Disk
5. Exclude Battlefield 2 from Data Execution Prevention (DEP)
6. Lower the Screen Resolution
Reduce the Monitor Refresh Rate
Sometimes Battlefield 2 crashes on startup if the monitor refresh rate is above 60 Hz. You shall set the monitor refresh rate below 60 Hz. For doing so, perform the following steps:
1. Click Start | Control Panel.
2. Click Appearance and Personalization | Display | Screen Resolution.
3. Click Advanced Settings link.
4. Click Monitor tab in the new dialog.
5. From the Monitor Settings frame and Screen Refresh Rate drop down box, select the value 60 Hertz.
6. Click OK | OK | Close | Close.
7. Restart the game.
Update Graphics & Sound Drivers and DirectX
A computer running with outdated graphics and sound drivers often results in Battlefield 2 crashes on startup. Update all your drivers from the respective manufacturer’s website.
It also crashes if the DirectX is outdated. You will find the latest version of DirectX on Microsoft’s official website. Please avoid downloading it from third-party websites for the possibility of getting spyware.
Improve the Registry Conditions
This is one of the most common sources of this problem. Battlefield 2 crashes on desktop if the registry is not properly configured. The registry may not be properly set-up by the Battlefield Installer or the game itself.
You need to use a third-party registry fixing product. Be sure while selecting a good product. Because a wrong product may harm your system in extreme cases.
Fix Bad Sectors on your Hard Disk
In some cases, it was found that the game was stored on bad sectors of the hard disk. This result in Battlefield 2 crashes on startup, as it does not able to neither extract the resources nor retrieve or save information in files.
You need to check your hard disk for these bad sectors and repair them as follow:
1. Open My Computer.
2. Right click the drive where the game is installed. For instance, drive C.
3. Select Properties | Tools | Check Now.
4. Click Start button.
5. Follow the on screen instructions.
6. After completion, restart the game.
Exclude Battlefield 2 from Data Execution Prevention (DEP)
Data Execution Prevention (DEP) is a security feature included in modern Microsoft Windows operating systems that is intended to prevent an application or service from executing code from a non-executable memory region. This helps prevent certain exploits that store code via a buffer overflow.
Many times, DEP prevents Battlefield 2 from running smoothly. You need to disable the DEP in order to stop Battlefield 2 crashes on desktop.
1. Click Start.
2. Right click My Computer and select Properties.
3. Click Advanced System Settings link.
4. Click Advanced tab.
5. Click Settings from the Performance frame.
6. Click Data Execution Prevention tab.
7. Select the option Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select.
8. Click Add button.
9. Select the game files [especially Executable files (.exe)], and click Open to add in the list of the files that needs to be excluded.
10. Click OK | OK | Close.
11. Restart the game.
Lower the Screen Resolution
Battlefield 2 crashes on startup if you are running from an unsupported screen resolution. Lower the screen resolution as below.
1. Right click Desktop.
2. Select Screen Resolution.
3. Select a lower resolution from the Resolution drop down box.
4. Click OK.
5. Restart the game.
Searching for second hand laptop singapore, go to www.laptopfactoryoutlet.com.sg, a Singapore website that focus on refurbished mackbook,refurbished macbook pro & macbook refurbished,cheapest laptop. A top advertising agencies project for used mackbook pro singapore,refurbished mac,refurbished macbook pro & second hand laptop singapore by Kelvin Scotts – Best advertising agencies singapore